Thursday, November 26, 2009

Flower Necklace

I was honored to be a part of Lindsay and Derek Blacksher's wedding last weekend! Lindsay is my great friend, was my track teammate, and college roommate. Their wedding was full of nothing but TRUE LOVE!! I am so lucky to have Lindsay and Derek in my life and can't wait to make many more memories together! Anyway, I had my bridesmaid dress cut short in hopes to wear it again in the future!! I wanted to make some kind of necklace with the extra fabric for Lindsay to have as a keepsake, and came up with this! I have so much more fabric so I decided to keep going and make as many as I could to share with anyone else!! The necklace is made with real freshwater pearls and the flower was cut from brown taffeta.







2 comments:

Our Cunningham Crew said...

This is so awesome! I have been wanying to have my dress rom Britt's wedding cut off. Who did yours? I need to get with you to design some jewelry for Christmas gifts for some family members.

Stephanie said...

Hey Britt! This necklace is precious and such a good idea! I have about 13 bridesmaid dresses hanging in my closet that I have no clue what to do with...LOL! I will tell my girlfriends about this and hopefully they will want you to make some gifts for them:)