Saturday, April 17, 2010

Southern Nanner Puddin'

I'm going to a crawfish boil today and I am in charge of desserts. Banana Pudding was my instant thought, but sadly I have to admit I've never made it before!! I've eaten plenty, just never made it.
I didn't have a recipie so I decided to cheat and use the recipie on the instant vanilla pudding box. To make it my own I added a little bit of sweetend condensed milk and whipped cream to the mixture. When the mixture was complete I took a swig with my finger. Yep, I like to have a little taste or two (I just hope my friends who will be at the boil today aren't reading). It was SOOOOOOO good and sweet I had to share....

What you'll need:

3 bananas (sliced)
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding (6 oz)
2 1/2 cups of cold milk
1 carton of whipped cream (16 oz)
1 box of vanilla waffers

What you'll do:

Mix pudding with cold milk, and whisk for about 2 minutes. This wasn't in the package recipie, but I added condensed milk (it started getting really sweet, so I only added about half the can). Keep on whisking. Then  I added about 3/4 of the whipped cream to the mixture. Whisk it in there real good, and let mixture sit. Whatever dish your using (e.g. a bowl or a casserole dish) start with a layer of the vanilla waffers at the bottom, then a layer of sliced bananas, and a layer of pudding mixture. Repeat layers until your mixture is gone. Top it off with the rest of your whipped cream and maybe some extra vanilla waffers to make it pretty. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving.

ENJOY ♥

No comments: